Thursday, June 4, 2009

Starvation: Day 3

Today was extremely better than the past two. Mommy put my food down and I ate almost all of it in the half hour she left it down! I re-read my post from yesterday and I think it is a bit confusing. I'm not actually on a diet she just thought I was over eating because she free fed me so now we are one a feeding schedule so I don't get over weight. She thinks I am adjusting pretty well. For the first couple of days I would dilly dally and not eat when she put the food down because I assumed it would be out all day but no. I'm getting the hang of it and soon it will just be normal.

Mom got inspired to do this because the other day in the pet store she saw a HUGE puggle and the mommy said she has been dieting her puggle for ever a year and the weight comes off very slowly. I'm glad she at least cares about me enough to not let me get unhealthy.

7 comments:

Rufus and Indie said...

We are glad to hear you are getting better. Eating schedules can be tough on a doggie! (hehe!)
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Checkers & Chess said...

you'll get used to it Lola - mom used to leave kibble out for me all day and let me eat as I chose - NO MORE - I get it in the morning and at night and it's very controlled - but hey, I'm GAINING weight! Go figure

Anonymous said...

I just left a comment on "Day 2" that I meant to leave on "Day 3." I'm not quite all here today... sorry.

Mr. Puggle® said...

mr. puggle scarfs anything in one minute. i fear if he ever fell in a pile of dog food he would eat himself to death.

Bijou said...

Hi Lola,

Eating on a schedule is probably the best way to go. We were fed that way til recently.

Now that Banjo is eating the same adult kibble that I eat, mom puts 1/2 a cup in "our" bowl each morning. And in the evening she gives us 1/4 cup, but only if we have cleaned our bowl. We like to nibble through out the day and sometimes during the night. Of course we get treats in the afternoon too. So far, neither of has to worry about being fat cause we run our butts off.

Totally Timmy said...

My three act like they are starved all the time. Timmy will only eat his kibble if I am in bed. I don't know why. My guys also get canned food once a day. Buster Peebody is fat though. The youngest dog is the little keg with legs!

Bruschi said...

Hi Lola. I only get to eat twice a day too. It's much healthier that way. Not only does it help us maintain our figures, it is better for being on a schedule of some sort. 17 lbs is tiny! I am 35 lbs!! Of course, I haven't been weighed in since my new diet a few months ago, but I am sure I am still at least 30 lbs!

Also, Mommy cannot find that rubber brush thing anywhere! It is made by Kong right? Where can she find it?

Hugs and Licks, Bruschi